Sec. 1. This chapter applies to the following:
(1) The state.
(2) All political subdivisions.
(3) All state agencies.
(4) Another state to the extent authorized by the law of that state.
(5) Political subdivisions of states other than Indiana, to the extent authorized by laws of the other states.
(6) Agencies of the federal government, to the extent authorized by federal laws.
Sec. 2. (a) A power that may be exercised by an Indiana political subdivision and by one (1) or more other governmental entities may be exercised:
(1) by one (1) or more entities on behalf of others; or
(2) jointly by the entities.
Entities that want to do this must, by ordinance or resolution, enter into a written agreement under section 3 or 9 of this chapter.
(b) Notwithstanding subsection (a), Indiana governmental entities that want only to buy, sell, or exchange services, supplies, or equipment between or among themselves may enter into contracts to do this and follow section 12 of this chapter.
Purchase, sale, or exchange of services, supplies, or equipment
Sec. 12. (c) A governmental entity may make a purchase from any other governmental entity or under another governmental entity's referenced written contract if there is compliance with state purchasing law by the original purchasing unit.