|Select to View Other State/Territory Statutes:
|| All State Statutes List
In AS 36.30.700 - 36.30.790
(1) "cooperative purchasing" means procurement conducted by, or on behalf of, more than one public procurement unit, or by a public procurement unit with an external procurement activity;
(2) "external procurement activity" means a buying organization not located in this state that, if located in this state, would qualify as a public procurement unit; an agency of the United States is an external procurement activity;
(3) "local public procurement unit" means a municipality or other subdivision of the state or other entity that expends public funds for the procurement of supplies, services, professional services, and construction, and any nonprofit corporation operating a charitable hospital;
(4) "public procurement unit" means either a local public procurement unit or a state public procurement unit;
(5) "state public procurement unit" means the Department of Administration and any other contracting agency of the state.
A public procurement unit may either participate in, sponsor, conduct, or administer a cooperative purchasing agreement for the procurement of supplies, services, professional services, or construction with one or more public procurement units or external procurement activities in accordance with an agreement entered into between the participants. Cooperative purchasing may include joint or multi-party contracts between public procurement units and open-ended state public procurement units contracts that are made available to local public procurement units.