Chapter 54-44.4-13. Cooperative purchasing.
1. The office of management and budget shall purchase commodities or services as requested by agencies and institutions under the jurisdiction of the state board of higher education and the legislative and judicial branches of state government.
2. The office of management and budget and the agencies and institutions under the jurisdiction of the state board of higher education shall make joint purchases of like commodities or services of high common usage when the office of management and budget and the state board of higher education determine it is in the best interest of the state.
3. The director of the office of management and budget or the director's designee may agree to purchase commodities or services under contracts entered into by the United States general services administration or contracts of other government entities if it is determined to be in the best interest of the state after consideration of price, contractual terms and conditions, and the availability of competition from approved vendors under section 54-44.4-09.
4. The director of the office of management and budget or the director's designee may participate in, sponsor, or administer a cooperative purchasing agreement with one or more government entities or a nonprofit organization established on behalf of public entities for the procurement of commodities or services in accordance with an agreement entered into between the participants.
5. Cooperative purchasing may include open-ended contracts that are available to other government entities or nonprofit organizations established on behalf of public entities.
6. Before entering into a cooperative purchasing agreement under this section, the office of management and budget must determine that the contracts were awarded through full and open competition or source selection methods specified in section 54-44.4-05 and shall send notice to approved vendors of the office's intent to make a cooperative purchase in accordance with this chapter.
Chapter 54-40 Joint Exercise of Governmental Powers
§ 54-40.3-01. Joint powers agreements - General authority.
1. Any county, city, township, city park district, school district, or other political subdivision of this state, upon approval of its respective governing body, may enter into an agreement with any other political subdivision of this state for the cooperative or joint administration of any power or function that is authorized by law or assigned to one or more of them. Any political subdivision of this state may enter into a joint powers agreement with a political subdivision of another state or political subdivision of a Canadian province if the power or function to be jointly administered is a power or function authorized by the laws of this state for a political subdivision of this state and is authorized by the laws of the other state or province.